Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: automake fails to build
On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 15:08 +0100, Kim Leyendecker wrote:
It´s now building, but it still fails. Seems like the make worked out
well, but it can´t be packaged.

Have I to add the following to the %files section?

RPM build errors:
Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
/usr/local/bin/aclocal
/usr/local/bin/aclocal-1.11
/usr/local/bin/automake

You won't be allowed to package /usr/local in an rpm on OBS. /usr/local
is for 'local' installs.

You really should read the blog post I linked earlier. It's very basic
packaging quick start.

To answer the actual question: yes, you do have to specify what files
are part of a package in the %files section.

Or, as others pointed out: don't package anything that already exists.
Link it to your project.

Dominique