Re: [opensuse-packaging] Tagging patches guidelines and package building patches
On 29/08/11 19:15, Paul Elliott wrote:
On Monday, August 29, 2011 08:04:36 AM Javier Conti wrote:

In the SPEC file, I'd like to implement the patch I made following the
guidelines at:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Patches_guidelines

Debian also has an elaborate patch tagging guideline that seems to address the
same issues:
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

Revolutionary concept:
Could not you guys get togther and agree on a common format? That way package
maintainers would only have to have one copy of a patch.

Hey, why not just adopt debian's format? It addresses the same issues, and was
created by resonably intelligent SW developers maintainers! It will probably
work! Those guys maintain just as many patches and packages as you do.

It was not invented here?

Before entering threads uninformed and throwing around accusations, maybe you should educate yourself about the many discussions on this topic which have already happened.

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2010-09/msg00014.html

Regards,
Tejas