Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automated binary java packaging using maven central
On 2011-08-18 13:02:16 (+0200), Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2011, 11:58:51 schrieb Duncan Mac-Vicar P.:
On 08/15/2011 01:13 AM, Pascal Bleser wrote:
[...]
I think is a good idea, I once wrote something similar but did not get
that far... even the name was the same :-).

The name has the problem that an extension for .dsc files (which should be
easy, if it works for rpm) would conflict ...

Ummm.. no idea what .dsc files are .. yast2 metadata ?

Btw, I turned this into an OBS source service and extended a bit the source
system. It is possible now to generate files just by creating a package
container in OBS (just uploading the package _meta file). The source service
is project global in this example:

osc co home:adrianSuSE:pom2spec

You can find the generator in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable project. It is called
obs-service-generator_pom and requires latest download_files from
openSUSE:Tools.

Also osc from openSUSE:Tools:Unstable if you want to run the service locally.

Please don't!

1) pom2spec is highly experimental, and shouldn't be used except
for fiddling around and making (constructive) remarks
2) the conventions for package and provides/requires naming
aren't final in any way, needs some discussion
3) source services should be burned with fire, there's at most a
handful who understand how they work, and they cause tons of
issues when using osc

--
-o) Pascal Bleser
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- we haz green