Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automated binary java packaging using maven central
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:02:16 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2011, 11:58:51 schrieb Duncan Mac-Vicar P.:
On 08/15/2011 01:13 AM, Pascal Bleser wrote:
I've written a successful prototype that does the following:
* generates a completely functional .spec file based on the

metadata of java artifacts (POM) that is available at Maven
Central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)

* does *NOT* build from source but, instead, simply takes the

.jar file from Maven Central and installs it into %{_javadir}
(including the usual symlinks)

* optionally also creates a subpackage with the source jar from

Maven Central (very useful for IDEs such as Eclipse)

* all that including dependencies, as far as they're declared in

the POM file

* written in Perl (hey, it's a prototype ;)), just one file, no

exotic dependencies

The script is there:
https://gitorious.org/pbleser/pbleser/blobs/master/pom2spec

Hi Pascal,

I think is a good idea, I once wrote something similar but did not get
that far... even the name was the same :-).

The name has the problem that an extension for .dsc files (which should be
easy, if it works for rpm) would conflict ...

Btw, I turned this into an OBS source service and extended a bit the source
system. It is possible now to generate files just by creating a package
container in OBS (just uploading the package _meta file). The source service
is project global in this example:

osc co home:adrianSuSE:pom2spec

You can find the generator in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable project. It is called
obs-service-generator_pom and requires latest download_files from
openSUSE:Tools.

Also osc from openSUSE:Tools:Unstable if you want to run the service locally.

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH