Re: [opensuse-packaging] -no-copy-dt-needed-entries status ?
Hi,

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

A while ago, we had a discussion
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.suse.opensuse.packaging/7514 about
enabling --no-copy-dt-needed-entries by default in Factory that
apparently fell through the cracks..was any decision made about this ?

I strongly suggest we follow suit with other distros and enable it ;)

Let's assume we do that (and I'm not against it), there are several things
to decide:

1) do we enable it for all users, or only in the build system
2) do we enable it in ld directly (binutils change), or in its wrappers
(gcc change)

I'd propose for (1): for all users, and for (2) in binutils. I.e. just
switch the default for add_DT_NEEDED_for_dynamic in ldmain.c .

Ciao,
Michael.