Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: New lightdm user and group
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:06:07 +0200
* Yamaban <foerster@xxxxxxxx> [2011-07-26 11:24]:
Comments inside

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:49, Guido Berhoerster <gber@...> wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to ask for a new user and group lightdm to be registered
for the LightDM display manager which I intend to submit to
Factory. This is necessary to safely run greeters, the following
non-standard directory ownership and permissions are needed:

/var/run/lightdm lightdm:lightdm 751

Please be aware that the /var/run directory maybe / will be a tmpfs.
So lightdm would have to create this dir itself /either inside the
program or in the startscript, be aware of systemd), or at least check
its existence before using it.

I am, it is ghosted and will be recreated with proper permissions
by lightdm.
--
Guido Berhoerster