Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: HAL and related
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:46:42 +0100
On 18 July 2011 09:08, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

On Monday, July 18, 2011 00:14:02 Rob OpenSuSE wrote:

Fair enough, but when I was looking for hal stuff, this was in
pm-profiler changelog, which may have been HAL replacement, so I used
that name :

Mon 26 Jan 2009 12:00:00 UTC
hmacht@xxxxxxx
- replace "Requires: . hal ." with "Requires: . haldaemon ." in
  rcpm-profiler (bnc#429541)

The packages don't seem to have the requires correct, so there's a
problem in any case; it does not "just work".  I first found something
required was not pulled in with Tumbleweed (based on default KDE
install), and finding this removal of HAL message I'm wondering
whether this is an overlooked issue or not.

The balanced low latency profile has a line :  HAL_DISABLE_POLLING="yes"
If the HAL daemon package called "hal" is being got rid of, unlike
11.4 then you can't just install the packages.

You should be able to install, it will just not work ;-(

Rob, since you found this:
Could you file a bug against pm-profiler, please? We have now dropped hal
and
the package does not require hal in it's spec file but uses it in the
rcpm-
profiler script.

Already done: 706364

I'd have done it, I had actually searched to check there wasn't one already.
I just wasn't sure if there was substitute being readied for the HAL
bits; so thought it politest to ask Andreas how he would like this
handled.

I'll add the info, I found on this.

If the dependencies are sorted on :

pm-profiler-0.1_git20101115-9.2.noarch
yst2-power-management-2.18.1-10.2.noarch

and profiles updated, then this can "just work", there's not really
any configuration for end user to do but choose an option.

Regards Rob