Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging policy for systemd .unit file
Le jeudi 16 juin 2011 à 13:48 +0200, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
On Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:51:29 AM Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 16/06/11 09:28, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mercredi 15 juin 2011, à 18:57 +0200, Frederic Crozat a écrit :
However, I'm not sure we should directly add those direct call to
systemctl in %post but instead, use some macros, similar to the one we
have for sysvinit and / or update those macros to be systemd compliant :
%stop_on_removal / %insserv_force_if_yast / %{fillup_only} / %
restart_on_update / etc..

+1 for macros. I don't think it's worth trying to update the macros;
adding new ones should work well enough -- especially as there's a new
file to package anyway, so people will notice there's something to do.

Please, this is an opportunity to unify services packaging across all
RPM distros. Please, don't screw up by introducing any new SUSE specific
macros. We can talk with Fedora and Mageia at least to come up with one
solution that is OK with everyone and has the highest chance of being
adopted in upstream RPM.

I agree.

So, let's discuss on the systemd mailing list and propose something there -
or
what's the best way?

I sent a RFC on systemd-devel mailing list yesterday, we'll see how
people react.
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE