Re: [opensuse-packaging] OBS corrupts tarballs on downloading
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:49:51 +0200
Am Thursday, 16. June 2011, 18:47:41 schrieb Ilya Chernykh:
On Thursday 16 June 2011 18:06:14 Adrian Schröter wrote:

It seems that OBS corrupts .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 archives when
downloading. I want to look inside the source of a package to make it
build. Un\fortunately I deleted the localk copy. Now I press "download"
button, the file is downloaded but cannot be opened with an archiver.
This happens with nearly all my packages: all files are corrupted.
Sonetimes I have to search a similar tarball elsewhere on the Internet.

It there a way to download the uncorrupted files? (other than make the
package build successfully and extract the ressulting src.rpm)

no, we always implement perfect code, so it is always corrupted.

Seriously, do you have any example somewhere ?

Download these files and try to extract them:

https://api.opensuse.org/public/source/home:Ansus:KDE3/fusion-icon-qt3/fusion-icon-b91e1d8e852fe1fa8c4bb33505c305652caea7e5.tar.gz
https://api.opensuse.org/public/source/home:Ansus:KDE3/kad/kad-70e3acc.tar.gz

No problem with them.

But that are also the uploaded files, not any server side generated ones.

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH