Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] New Source Service mode actived!
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:02:28 +0200
Am Friday, 10. June 2011, 10:24:58 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Thursday, 9. June 2011, 10:19:42 schrieb Greg KH:
On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 06:11:48PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:

build.opensuse.org is running now with the new source service mode.

We recommend to upgrade to osc 0.132 version as available in
openSUSE:Tools
project if you work with source services.

The difference to the old way source service were handled is that with
the new mode, no "source service" commits are generated. This means, the
history just contains the commits done by the user, which makes things
like revision diffs much easier. The source service result is handled as
an internal commit, like with source links. Builds are still done with
those internal commits.

A manual service run trigger is handled as commit by the user, so it is
part of the history.

This solves also the blocking of commits (403 errors) during a service
run.

Nice job.

But I'm getting the build system error "services only work on branches"
when trying to link in a package that contains a branch (i.e. the osc
package itself into openSUSE:Tumbleweed).

This has nothing todo with this change, it was always not supported.

But I enabled project wide services in openSUSE:Tools to validate all
sources, like
we plan to do for Factory.

Is this just a side-affect of a package link that I shouldn't do for
source packages, or a bug somewhere else?

A not yet supported case.

Michael is just about to add code to support also this situation.

This is now active.

However, you osc package in openSUSE:Tumbleweed is currently a wild mix of
a simple link (not using a branch) plus manual committed files of an old version
of osc.

Either remove everything in the package beside the _link file or make it a
branch.

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH