Re: [opensuse-packaging] Can I do 2 local "osc build" processes at the same time?
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 19:21, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

I was doing a local kernel build in support of the Evergreen project.
It seemed to be moving along, but in another konsole I started a obs
build on a small package.

The kernel build seemed to die at that point.

I did both a "osc build", and a "osc build --clean" in the small
project, so either one or both of those may of been the culprit.

Regardless, is there a safe way to do 2 simultaneous local builds?

Thanks
Greg

You can, kind of, but not by default. In your .oscrc file you have to
change the build-root. I have mine set to:

/home/osc/osc_roots/build-root-%(repo)s-%(arch)s

You can also add things like %(project)s, %(package)s.

So, as long as both packages you want to build don't match the same
criteria of your build-root then you can build both at the same time.
In fact, you can build as many as your computer can handle.

Cheers,
Stephen