Re: [opensuse-packaging] New pkg-config introducing a build loop
Am Montag, 16. Mai 2011 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
El 16/05/11 07:25, Vincent Untz escribió:
Hi,

pkg-config 0.26 is out and one of the changes is the removal of an
internal copy of the glib code. That means that pkg-config now requires
glib to build. However, glib requires pkg-config to build. Hence a fun
build loop.

Does anyone have any idea how we should deal with this situation?

Thanks,

Vincent

This has to be fixed in the project configuration, I know you can break
loops there, but I dont recall exactly how atm.

You can only break artificial loops. This one is real. When bootstrapping you
have to have both, so it's real.

I only see two solutions (both are ugly):

* Merge the Sources into one package and have pkg-config build as subpackage
from glib (or the other way around)
* avoid pkg-config in glib

Greetings, Stephan