Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Re: libraries could not be found from package
On Thu, 5 May 2011 16:31, Philipp Thomas <pth@...> wrote:

* Yamaban (foerster@xxxxxxxx) [20110505 13:24]:

If you go full expert then there's also ldconfig and its
options, see man 8 ldconfig, esp. "ldconfig -l library-name"

That all doesn't help if the java software is hardcoded to a path that isn't
allowed by FHS and thus not allowed in openSUSE, i.e. like /usr/share/lib
for binary libs/plugins.

What's the 'offical' take on /usr/share/java* wrt binary libs/plugins ?
Yes, I know, java is the ugly stepmother everone works around, but
the FHS isn't really conclusive on this.

Either the 'steering committee' gives a steering on this, or someone
else should give a hint in the packaging / obs-docu on how to handle
this cases.

This is not the first case and, as we are human, will not be the last.
A little direction, even if it's just the explanation you've given is
more than what is available on this point now.

In the tenor you've given, I'd say the use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
start-script would be the best solution in this case.

Please be as kind and give a clearing comment, as I'm also interested
in a valid (working and acceptable) solution.

With regards, Yamaban.