Re: [opensuse-packaging] "library /lib/udev/hid2hci is linked against libraries in /usr or /opt"?
On Thu, 05 May 2011 01:13:32 +0200
Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05/04/2011 10:52 PM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
bluez-4.93 got hid2hci back, it was on holiday in the udev sources for
some time.

Unfortunately, the test build fails:

+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-rpath
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-pie
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-rootfs
library /lib/udev/hid2hci is linked against libraries in /usr or /opt
libusb-0.1.so.4 => /usr/lib64/libusb-0.1.so.4 (0x00007f77e36e7000)
libusb-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.so.0 (0x00007f77e2f5d000)

Stupid (or maybe inteligent) question, what happens if you reverse the
situation in %install and have the target in in the directory where
the link is and the link in the targets original directory?

It's not a symlink. It's a binary (/lib/udev/hid2hci) using a library
from /usr/

And in general, the bluez package is one of the cleanest, best-housekept
and distro compliant upstream package I have ever packaged, so I am very
hesitant to patch around some distro crap in it, just in order to be
laughed at later when I have to report a problem upstream.

And udev in FACTORY does survive this check, even if I don't know how...

But Cristians hint made the difference: redefining _suse_os_install_post
fixes all those nasty annoyances and even speeds up the build
significantly. I guess I have to do this in all my spec files :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"