[opensuse-packaging] libraries could not be found from package

Dear all,

I'm having an issue with some libraries in a program I'm helping to package
using obs.
The program is called gnuaccounting and you'll find the obs project under Build
Service > Projects >
home:lumnis > gnuaccounting (
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=gnuaccounting&project=home%3Alumnis
)

It is mainly a java progam, but using some native libraries for viewing
documents etc.

All the java stuff and pics/icons/doc goes into /usr/share/gnuaccounting.
All platform depended libraries (here: libnativeview.so ) go into /usr/lib or
/usr/lib64

Because the dev team put the latter ones in the project directory also (now the
/usr/share/gnuaccounting directory), this is the tested setup. For packaging
and QA checks during rpm
build, this is not acceptable and package build breaks with badness error in
rpm lint check.

Could anybody help pointing me/the developers in the right direction to find a
solution to that.

Isn't it so, that libraries, when located in /usr/lib should be picked up by
programs automatically.
What is required, to make that happen (e.g. system variables for path).

regards,

Denny