[opensuse-packaging] Re: On Python packages naming
Dne 15.4.2011 17:02, Sascha Peilicke napsal(a):
On Friday 15 April 2011 16:13:49 İsmail Dönmez wrote:
On Friday, April 15, 2011 04:13:00 PM Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Friday, April 15, 2011 03:46:34 PM Sascha Peilicke wrote:
Hi guys,

currently most Python packages in the Build Service are inconsistently
named. For instance, upstream 'pyenchant' is named python-enchant,
'Cheetah' is named python-cheetah. There are plenty of other examples.
I'd like to propose a different scheme (much like our Ruby and Perl
packages):

* Python application packages are named like $UPSTREAM_NAME
* Python libraries are named python-$UPSTREAM_NAME

Sascha, what are other projects like Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora doing?
Let's talk with other rpm based distros on whether we can implement the
same scheme - this make cross-distribution building much saner...

This is a good idea, python-python-twitter looks really counter-intuitive
though, maybe there should be an exception if the package already has a
python- prefix.

Yeah, if it's 'python-' we may want to drop that prefix. This seems to be the
case for our Perl and Ruby packages, too.

+1 to this