Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Coping with the recent Boost update
* Stefan Seyfried (stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20110323 10:26]:

But unfortunately, boost-devel still triggers to install all the boost
libs.

Yepp. Patches that split up the boost source code will gladly be accepted
though :)

But the old ones are not uninstalled. So slowly I'm accumulating lots of
stuff on my harddrive which I never need.

Having newer libaries obsolete the older ones somehow voids the shared
library policy that was created in order to allow the parallel instalation
of different runtime lib versions. But I agree and am thinking of adding
obsoletes to boost.

Can I help you somehow to create a boost-devel-headersonly and a
boost-devel-alltheothercrap package?

If you want to delve into the details of boost::build and the Jamfiles I
won't stand in the way :) But note that zypper uses boost::filesystem and if
you do such a change the zypper folks should be notified of the change.

Philipp