Re: [opensuse-packaging] gcc 4.6 ante portas
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:17:51 +0200
On 03/16/2011 10:35 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

I bet most of you follow the gcc news as first thing in the morning, but for
those that don't: gcc 4.6 is in release mode, so it won't be long before it's
released. A prerelease is already in factory as gcc46, but won't be default
before our packages are ready to support it.

To prepare for this, Dr.Richard and me prepared a project with the currently
failing packages.

Short version: http://is.gd/wJxCY7
Long version:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?commit=Filter%3A&failed=1&pkgname=&repo_openSUSE_Factory=1&arch_x86_64=1&lastbuild=1&project=openSUSE%3AFactory%3AStaging%3AGcc46&defaults=0

This project's purpose is mainly to give a count down for the readyness of
factory for gcc 4.6. If you want to fix a package for gcc46, you can branch
normally and then do
osc build --alternative-project=openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc46

It would be great if some volunteer, because for most packages it's the same
set of problem. The biggest one right now is that cstdlib is no longer
included by default, so you need to change e.g. size_t to std::size_t - or add
<cstdlib>

Greetings, Stephan
I saw a gcc46 repository in kdf a while ago and added one to my home and multimedia projects then and from the rosegarden developers found that most errors are from not having #include <stddef.h> in the failing files. if it's any help.
Regards
Dave P