Re: [opensuse-packaging] Renaming a package
On 02/17/2011 01:18 PM, Johannes Meixner wrote:

Hello,

On Feb 17 12:09 Vincent Untz wrote (excerpt):
Provides: pac = %{version}
Obsoletes: pac <= %{version}

This causes a RPMLINT warning that it obsoletes itself
which may cause whatever failure of package installation tools
(up to atomic blasts if I imagine correctly what the text
in those RPMLINT warning tries to tell me ;-)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
It really happens, you get very loud noises from the installation system.
If the Provides: = %version and Obsoletes: < %version doesn't work
properly especially when you have packman packages to contend with then
Obsoletes: < %{version}.9999 or something similar does the trick.
Dave P