Re: [opensuse-packaging] Renaming a package

Hello,

On Feb 17 11:04 Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote (excerpt):
Hmm, I'm also wondering sometimes about it if I ever got it right I
forgot it again ;-)

Same for me.
This whole stuff is too awkward to be done right.

But is the correct usage not like:
Provides: pac = %{version}
Obsoletes: pac <= LATEST_AVAILABLE_VERSION_WITH_NAME_PAC

With the various repositories of the openSUSE build service there is
no such thing as one known "LATEST_AVAILABLE_VERSION_WITH_NAME_PAC".

To be more on the safe side regarding whatever third-party packages
form whatever third-party repositories I would use

Provides: pac = %{version}
Obsoletes: pac < %{version}

so that it would silently replace any older "pac" from any repository.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex