Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint-checks: adding new gnome/desktop-related checks
2011/1/17 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le dimanche 16 janvier 2011, à 19:21 +0100, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
So nothing is running gtk-update-icon-cache, whatever you install from
zypper or YaST. I have not seen the %icon_theme_cache_post macro used
even in the GNOME:Factory packages.

We do have packages using the macros, but we didn't have time to convert
everything, true.

What should I do with my packages that install icons?

Use the macros.

There's one issue with the macro, though: they wrongly assume that, on
upgrade, %postun of the old package is called before %post of the new
package. To be honest, it shouldn't matter in most cases, and the right
fix would imply using a %posttrans instead... On the other hand, if we
can use a mechanism to delay the call to gtk-update-icon-cache like you
suggest in your later mail, that'd work fine.

True. Notice from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets that Fedora
also uses touch, not sure if it's really needed by something.
Also, it's my understanding that the %postrans thing applies also to
%desktop_database_post* and %mime_database_post*, but Fedora uses
%post in this case (and removes the "if [ $1 -eq 0 ]" check from
%postun). No idea why...