Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint-checks: adding new gnome/desktop-related checks
2011/1/17 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le dimanche 16 janvier 2011, à 19:21 +0100, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
So nothing is running gtk-update-icon-cache, whatever you install from
zypper or YaST. I have not seen the %icon_theme_cache_post macro used
even in the GNOME:Factory packages.

We do have packages using the macros, but we didn't have time to convert
everything, true.

What should I do with my packages that install icons?

Use the macros.

There's one issue with the macro, though: they wrongly assume that, on
upgrade, %postun of the old package is called before %post of the new
package. To be honest, it shouldn't matter in most cases, and the right
fix would imply using a %posttrans instead... On the other hand, if we
can use a mechanism to delay the call to gtk-update-icon-cache like you
suggest in your later mail, that'd work fine.

True. Notice from that Fedora
also uses touch, not sure if it's really needed by something.
Also, it's my understanding that the %postrans thing applies also to
%desktop_database_post* and %mime_database_post*, but Fedora uses
%post in this case (and removes the "if [ $1 -eq 0 ]" check from
%postun). No idea why...