Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint-checks: adding new gnome/desktop-related checks
2010/10/8 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le vendredi 08 octobre 2010, à 18:57 +0200, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
2010/10/8 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Anyway. The thing is that those macros are all nice, but nobody will
think about using them if they don't have rpmlint checks. So I wrote
some checks.

[...]

As discussed at
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2010-08/msg00017.html the
installer's people don't really like gtk-update-icon-cache, have you
talked with Lukas Ocilka?

I didn't have time yet. FWIW, we can find a better solution later: it's
a macro, so we'll be able to change it in one place if we find something
better.

So, what's the final decision? We are at two months from 11.4 release
and the status in Factory seems to be:
- SuSEconfig.gtk2 has been removed
- rpmlint doesn't complain about packages with icons not running
%icon_theme_cache_post

So nothing is running gtk-update-icon-cache, whatever you install from
zypper or YaST. I have not seen the %icon_theme_cache_post macro used
even in the GNOME:Factory packages.
What should I do with my packages that install icons?