Re: [opensuse-packaging] New top-level project: utilities
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:18:15 +0100
Am Montag 15 November 2010 schrieb Jean Delvare:
On Monday 15 November 2010 01:53:40 pm Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 15 November 2010 schrieb Jean Delvare:
I pretty much doubt you want to move less out of Base:System, given
that man depends on it.

What definition of Base:System is that statement based on? man

depends on _tons_ of things not in Base:System.

That wouldn't be a definition, but a property of Base:System: that its
packages should have no external dependencies (except to the kernel.)

man does not require lot, but of those groff lives in M17N, gdbm lives in
devel:libraries:c_c++ - having a "minimal factory" project might fun to setup,
but it wouldn't be a good devel project.

I would move man to Publishing or Documentation. Base:System really has way
too much stuff.

Greetings, Stephan