Re: [opensuse-packaging] New top-level project: utilities
On 2010-11-11 12:05:11 (+0100), Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:14:43PM +0100, Pascal Bleser wrote:
On 11/10/2010 02:11 PM, Petr Uzel wrote:
I would like to move following packages from Base:System there (then
changedevelrequest)
- less
- pinfo
- lsof

Really? Why not keep them in Base:System? (at least less and lsof)

Because I think they are rather "utilities" than "base system" :)
If you think Base:System is better place, I'm fine with that - in that
case, just decline the requests / delete utilities/less.

Again, it's just a matter of comprehension.. so.. what's Base:System
for?

If it is
1) smallest possible set of packages to boot openSUSE
or
2) minimalistic but usable system

With 1, I'd agree that less is not needed, but for 2, I'd rather have
less, vim (minimalistic), lsof, ... in there.

cheers,
--
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill