Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to create a man page in your spec file.
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:52:12 +0200
On 11/08/2010 03:02 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 08/11/10 09:29, Dave Plater escribió:

I thought I should share this with the list.
Factory rpmlint check now wants to see a man page for everything under
/usr/bin,

That check is crazy ;) it even wants man pages for rc$yourservice
symlinks, I would just ignore it.

It is crazy, I just thought I'd share the idea. Blender also has two
scripts in /usr/bin, I just linked them to blender.1 to stop it from
making too much noise at the end of the build log. I'm about to work on
bacula which has multiple rc$yourservice's one for each of the three
sqls but at least it's well man ed.
Besides if the rc script has a help output a man page wouldn't hurt,
openSUSE's the only distro with rc in front of the service scripts isn't it?
Dave P