Re: [opensuse-packaging] Desktop File Error
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:43:31 +0100
2010/10/31 Sascha 'saigkill' Manns <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Am Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010 12:45:45 wrote Michal Smrž:
Well, this would be answered officially,which I am not, but

Try add some third category to Categories

Instead of Categories=Education;Science; try use
Categories=Education;Science;Chemistry; or such.
Hello Michal,

i've tried out "Education;Science;MedicalSoftware". As written in the
Standards, that should work.

But sadly the same issue :-(

Where does it fail?

$ osc r home:saigkill:medical freediams
openSUSE_11.1 i586 succeeded
openSUSE_11.1 x86_64 succeeded
openSUSE_11.2 i586 succeeded
openSUSE_11.2 x86_64 succeeded
openSUSE_11.3 i586 succeeded
openSUSE_11.3 x86_64 succeeded
openSUSE_Factory i586 succeeded
openSUSE_Factory x86_64 succeeded
SLE_11 i586 succeeded
SLE_11 x86_64 succeeded

If it only fails when building locally with osc, your (chrooted)
brp-check-suse packages probably is somehow broken. I expect a build
with --clean will solve the problem.

Anyway, the desktop file is correct. You should look at
/usr/lib/rpm/brp-desktop.data/applications.menu (that probably should
be the same than /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu, even if in 11.3
isn't).