Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint-checks: adding new gnome/desktop-related checks
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 18:57:30 +0200
2010/10/8 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I've been adding some macros to make life easier when packaging things
for GNOME, or desktop applications in general. See [1] for some of
those, and I guess I'll send a new mail later for the others -- I just
need to figure out where some of them should live.

Anyway. The thing is that those macros are all nice, but nobody will
think about using them if they don't have rpmlint checks. So I wrote
some checks.

Can we add this to the rpmlint-checks git repo, and to our rpmlint
package?

Thanks,

Vincent

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2010-08/msg00059.html

As discussed at
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2010-08/msg00017.html the
installer's people don't really like gtk-update-icon-cache, have you
talked with Lukas Ocilka?

And shouldn't the %desktop_database_* checks check for MimeType
entries in the desktop files before complaining? It's my understanding
that update-desktop-database does nothing if there are no MimeType
entries.