Re: [opensuse-packaging] Corruption in openSUSE update repositories, how to report?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:40:09 +0200
Am Wednesday 29 September 2010 schrieb Remco de Vreugd:
Hi all,

This is probably not quite the right place to ask, but I could find no list
closer to the subject at hand. Sorry about that.

I am regularly running into corruption within the openSUSE update
repositories, i.e. the collections of files as downloadable from mirrors
throughout the world. Every once in a while, the information listed in the
metadata files (as in 'repodata/...-primary.xml' or
'repodata/...-deltainfo.xml') mismatches the characteristics of the
downloadable RPMs. For some items, the metadata says the SHA1 hash of the
RPM should be X, whereas the actual value of the downloadable file turns
out to be Y. Everywhere, on all mirrors.

To whom do I report this kind of problem? Aside from finding the root cause
of the issue (which so far is occurring only with 11.2, not with 11.1 or
11.3, and most often with delta RPMs), it would be nice to have a way of
getting detected occurrences 'flushed' from all mirrors. Something
quicker, that is, than just waiting for the packages to get updated once
more.

Do you download directly from mirrors or do you use download.opensuse.org?
And the best way to report it is usually bugzilla.novell.com and putting
maintenance@xxxxxxxxxxxx in CC.

Greetings, Stephan