[opensuse-packaging] Corruption in openSUSE update repositories, how to report?
  • From: "Remco de Vreugd" <rdevreugd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:44:14 +0100
Hi all,

This is probably not quite the right place to ask, but I could find no list
closer to the subject at hand. Sorry about that.

I am regularly running into corruption within the openSUSE update repositories,
i.e. the collections of files as downloadable from mirrors throughout the
world. Every once in a while, the information listed in the metadata files (as
in 'repodata/...-primary.xml' or 'repodata/...-deltainfo.xml') mismatches the
characteristics of the downloadable RPMs. For some items, the metadata says the
SHA1 hash of the RPM should be X, whereas the actual value of the downloadable
file turns out to be Y. Everywhere, on all mirrors.

To whom do I report this kind of problem? Aside from finding the root cause of
the issue (which so far is occurring only with 11.2, not with 11.1 or 11.3, and
most often with delta RPMs), it would be nice to have a way of getting detected
occurrences 'flushed' from all mirrors. Something quicker, that is, than just
waiting for the packages to get updated once more.

Best regards,
Remco de Vreugd.