Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Python 2.7 coming to Factory
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:27:38 +0200
Am Monday 20 September 2010 schrieb Dirk Müller:
On Monday 06 September 2010, Jan Matejek wrote:
many of those are simple filelist problems, there are some deeper issues
and i'm looking into that, but those only affect about five packages
from d:l:py.
i am not aware of anything that would be "newly" broken in base Factory
distribution. if there really is something, please let me know

One thing that broke (and that breaks on every python update) was rpmlint,
which is used for building every package (it is part of the
supportpackages). Hnece I would love to see a more advanced notice of such
updates in the future to be able to fix the packages in time.

How much time do you need? it was way over a week before annoucement and hit.

Greetings, Stephan