Re: [opensuse-packaging] new subpackages in virtualbox-ose package
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:19:07 +0200
On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 11:09:50PM +0200, Michal ??ebe?? wrote:
I created for virtualbox-ose package three new subpackages :
python-virtualbox-ose,virtualbox-ose-devel and virtualbox-ose-qt see
bug report from Vincent: - so now if you
want to use vboxgtk (GUI interface written in python+GTK) you don't
have to install qt dependent part (use zypper addlock
virtualbox-ose-qt in this case)
as I don't want to confuse users,and I suppose they expect QT
interface after installation of virtualbox-ose package, so as a
dependency between virtualbox-ose and virtualbox-ose-qt I used
"Recommends" keyword (this should handle also update from 11.3 to
Name: virtualbox-ose
Recommends: %{name}-qt = %version
So by default virtualbox-ose installation will trigger also
installation of virtualbox-ose-qt ....
If someone comes with better idea how to split qt subpackage without
confusing users I would be glad :)

Don't we have "split-provides" for this case? See:

Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx