[opensuse-packaging] Re: Python 2.7 coming to Factory
  • From: Jan Matejek <jan.matejek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 14:27:43 +0200
Dne 6.9.2010 11:27, Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
Am Freitag 27 August 2010 schrieb Jan Matejek:
Fellow developers and users,

just a heads-up: moments ago I have submitted a new Python version 2.7.
This version contains many new and interesting features, and only a
small chance of breaking existing code: no backwards-incompatible
changes, and no big changes worth mentioning.
For more details see [1].

There is one thing notable for people who write or maintain software
that embeds Python: the new function PySys_SetArgvEx [2] does the job
originally done by PySys_SetArgv, but closes a nasty security problem
with the latter [3][4]. Most software should be fixed by now, but please
review your packages anyway.

There are quite many packages that break because of this - many of them
are from devel:languages:python - I assumed you had checked that ;(

right now everything is rebuilding, so i can't see the statuses :(
AFAICT, many packages broke because of setuptools, i'll be forwarding a
new version momentarily

m.

Greetings, Stephan