Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:44:59 +0200
On 09/03/2010 at 9:07 PM, Petr Mladek <pmladek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Reinhard Max píše v Pá 03. 09. 2010 v 18:35 +0200:
I'd suggest a convention that puts the additonal information next to
the respective "Patch:" Tag, e.g. like this:

Patch0: foo-bar.patch
#P0: INTEGRATION <packager@xxxxxxxxxxxx> description
#P0 description description

Patch1: foo-baz.patch
#P1: BUGFIX <hacker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
#P1 description description description
#P1 continued description

I suggest to switch the oder. Programmers usually put comments before
the relevant code. Then the prefix "Px" would not be needed:

Spec files are not written by programmers. We emphasize all the time that a
contributor can help with packaging withoutprogramming knowlegde (of
course there is a limit.. but I stay with this statement).

Also: multi line comments like this are a pain to parse for statistics... I
already gave a link to an overview, where those tags are already parsed.

# INTEGRATION <packager@xxxxxxxxxxxx> description
# description description
Patch0: foo-bar.patch

# BUGFIX <hacker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
# description description description
# continued description
Patch1: foo-baz.patch

BTW: GNOME team already uses similar rules. I am not sure where they are
described.
For example, see the packages: mc, metacity, gnome-session.

The gnome team uses the documented from found at
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Patches (the same link as posted in the
thread start... the
same format suggested there).

Dominique