Re: [opensuse-packaging] New rpm macros in 11.4 for GTK+ IM modules, GIO modules, gdk-pixbuf loaders, GSettings schemas
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:22:53 +0200
Vincent Untz wrote:
I'm considering patching rpmlint to add errors when those macros are not
used. See the attached patch, which I haven't tested yet.

I'm a bit worried that adding tons of checks like this will be expensive
in the long term. On the other hand, missing those calls is really bad
since it will result in non-working packages or even crashing
applications.

There are more expensive tests than those anyways so don't worry.
The rpmlint package already carries way too much patches though. If
your tests are SUSE specific anyways it would probably make sense to
have it in a separate file here:
http://gitorious.org/opensuse/rpmlint-checks

If the macros are suse specific I wonder how other distros solve
the problem?

cu
Ludwig

--