[opensuse-packaging] New rpm macros in 11.4 for GTK+ IM modules, GIO modules, gdk-pixbuf loaders, GSettings schemas
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:28:25 +0200
Hi,

In 11.4, we're introducing a new set of rpm macros (shipped in the devel
packages of gtk2, gtk3, gdk-pixbuf and glib) to make it easy to register
GTK+ IM modules, GIO modules, gdk-pixbuf loaders and GSettings schemas.
At the moment, not all of this is in Factory, but it will reach Factory
in the next few days, so if you're aware of a package that needs to be
fixed, be ready to fix it.

Note that some of this replaces the old SuSEconfig way of doing things
(for gtk2 IM modules and for gdk-pixbuf loaders). I grepped for run-gtk
in Factory, and as far as I can tell, at least those packages need to be
fixed for this change:

ibus
imhangul
scim-bridge
scim
tamil-gtk2im
uim

If help is needed for those packages, please tell me.

The macros for GIO modules and GSettings schemas are actually new:
nothing was registering GIO modules correctly earlier (as far as I know)
and GSettings schemas are new in 11.4.

Here's the documentation from the macros.* files shipped in the
packages. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question.

###
#
# When a package installs a GSettings schemas, it should use all
# three macros:
#
# - %glib2_gsettings_schema_requires in the preamble
# - %glib2_gsettings_schema_post in %post
# - %glib2_gsettings_schema_postun in %postun
#
###
#
# When a package installs a GIO module, it should use all
# three macros:
#
# - %glib2_gio_module_requires in the preamble
# - %glib2_gio_module_post in %post
# - %glib2_gio_module_postun in %postun
#
# Note that %glib2_gio_module_post and %glib2_gio_module_postun can
# optionally take the path to the directory where modules live. This
# is useful for applications using the GIO module system on their own,
# since they will install modules in their own directory. If no
# argument is passed, the path for the modules for GIO itself is used.
#
###

###
#
# When a package installs a gdk-pixbuf loader, it should use all
# three macros:
#
# - %gdk_pixbuf_loader_requires in the preamble
# - %gdk_pixbuf_loader_post in %post
# - %gdk_pixbuf_loader_postun in %postun
#
###

###
#
# When a package installs a GTK+ IM module, it should use all
# three macros:
#
# - %gtk2_immodule_requires in the preamble
# - %gtk2_immodule_post in %post
# - %gtk2_immodule_postun in %postun
#
###

###
#
# When a package installs a GTK+ IM module, it should use all
# three macros:
#
# - %gtk3_immodule_requires in the preamble
# - %gtk3_immodule_post in %post
# - %gtk3_immodule_postun in %postun
#
###