[opensuse-packaging] cmake injecting rules for installation DebugFull / RelWithDebInfo
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:08:11 +0200
Hi Listmates!
I'm fighting with cmake for a few hours already and it seems it doesbehave
differently on different platforms.

I'm building the project home:dimstar:libproxy (in the role of upstream
developer) and I'm targeting most of the RPM based distributions for now.
For most of the things this works just fine, some of course have dependency
issues due to package naming differences, nothing to worry about.

Also the windows_mingw repository is nothing to worry about, this is 'future
development - WIP'.

What strikes me though is that on SLE_11, the libproxy-plugins fails to build.
After tracking down and debugging a bit with local 'osc build', I
found that the plugins have a rule added in cmale_install.cmake, that skips
installing them if BUILD_TYPE != DebugFull... OF course I could just go
ahead and specify this buildtype, but the Fedora builds fail, because those
check on RelWithDebInfo.

How can I stop cmake from adding those weird install rules to the makefiles?
Especially as they are not defined in the upstream CMakeList.txt at
all.

In the hopes somebody knows cmake very well,
Dominique