Re: [opensuse-packaging] %ghost
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:24:20 +0200
2010/6/8 Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

As part of /var/run preparations, I rewrote my package (syslog-ng) to
use %ghost for the /var/run/syslog-ng directory. It works nicely with
factory, but fails badly for openSUSE 11.2.

The spec file is at:

And the build logs for 11.2 are available at:

Are there any suggestions how to work around this problem? I'd also like
to provide packages for 11.2 later on...

It's because in pre-4.8.0 versions of rpm ghost files needed to exist.
You can just touch it
Not sure about how was solved. I
suppose that requirement was there because of a good reason.