Re: [opensuse-packaging] How do I fix the dirac naming conflict with packman packages
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:19:58 +0200
On 05/24/2010 09:35 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:15:22AM +0200, Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, the openSUSE package dirac consists of the following :-
dirac which contains tools and README AUTHORS and
the usual text docs
libdirac_decoder0 decoder libs
libdirac_encoder0 encoder libs
dirac-devel which contains devel files and api documentation

The Packman package dirac consists of the following :-
dirac Contents identical to openSUSE
libdirac_decoder0 Contents identical to openSUSE
libdirac_encoder0 Contents identical to openSUSE
libdirac-devel which contains only devel files.
dirac-doc which contains api documentation

As you can see packman have split dirac-devel into libdirac-devel and
dirac-doc.
What is the correct way to handle this conflict? The way it stands atm
the installation system allows dirac-devel, libdirac-devel and dirac-doc
to exist in the system.

Confer with the packman maintainer?

The split done sounds sensible.

When following openSUSE packaging conventions for merging two packages
into one I get an rpmlint error about self-obsoletion.

The obsoletes needs to be of "oldpackage <= lastversionofitsuse".

Ciao, Marcus

It passes rpmlint if I use:-
Provides: libdirac-devel = %{version}-%{release} dirac-doc =
%{version}-%{release}
Obsoletes: libdirac-devel < %{version}-%{release} dirac-doc <
%{version}-%{release}
but I can remember being advised not to use %{release}. Is this ok?
Regards
Dave P