Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to un-FAIL builds that install stuff into /opt?
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:33:12 +0200
Hi Juergen,

On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:20:28 +0200
Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Stefan, you may also want to reopen BNC#436992 'rpmlint/checks:
"/opt/<foo>" is not allowed anymore in FHS 2.2.', this was closed fixed
almost a year ago.

Actually, the title of this bug is alredy wrong wrt. this issue, that's
also why it took me so long to find the real problem:

This is not rpmlint!

It is post-build-checks. Those are a number of scripts, run after boot,
and there is no way to disable or disarm them.

I was almost ready to build my own version of post-build-checks.rpm in my
project, which would have just been empty ;) But I did not want to loose
the checks on the other packages.

http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint#Disarming_Fatal_Errors says:
Some checks, such as security checks have such a high badness score that a
single occurence already fails the build. Packages that are not intended
for inclusion in openSUSE may want to turn such fatal errors into warnings.
To do that create an rpmlintrc file as described in the previous section
but with different content. To build a package that includes an
unauthorized permissions file for example add the following line:

setBadness('permissions-unauthorized-file', 0)

Sounds like this also describes a solution to your case.

No, because the failure did not come from rpmlint ;)

But AFAICS, Ludwig has already submitted a fixed post-build-checks to
Base:System and sr 39595 forwards it to FACTORY, so everything will be
fine, soon.

Still good to know that you can overrule the dictators by simply not
installing it with "BuildRequires: -post-build-checks" ;-)

have fun,

seife
--
Stefan Seyfried