Re: [opensuse-packaging] XEN/kvm for "osc build"
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:48:48 +0200
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:13:33 +0200
Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Did you run mkfs on the image as your user? mkfs sets the owner of
the root directory to the calling user.

Yes, I thought it would be a good idea to "prepare" everything with mkfs
and mkswap. It obviously wasn't ;)

Run with --clean to have the build script re-create the file system.

... and that seems to be doing the trick.

Now another question came up:

Why do I need root rights to build in kvm? I can start a complete OS image
without root rights, so why do I need it for build?

Has anybody ever used this successfully?

/me :-)

I could have guessed that ;)

Thanks,

seife