Re: [opensuse-packaging] Build fails during linking, but executing the command manually goes fine.
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:08:32 +0100
Op dinsdag 16 februari 2010 20:39:33 schreef Philipp Thomas:
* Richard Bos (rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx) [20100216 20:17]:
Any idea why the build failed with 'osc build .... kfritz.spec' and why
the build succeeded when I run the exact same command (copy and pasted)
in the chroot from the command line?

I guess because osc build adds --as-needed to the link options and that in
turn lets the linker add DT_NEEDED only for libraries explicitely passed to
it and whose symbols are indeed referenced.

Thanks for the explaination!

--
Richard