Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: One step back with devel projects
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:57:56 +0100
Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 18 Januar 2010 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
In other, more explicit words this I guess means
- only packages that are actually in Factory can be in
Except they are to be submitted to Factory and people can convince
either this list or opensuse-factory that there is no better place.
The rules for new packages in Factory are still the old ones:
"- the package has to be submitted and reviewed into an _existant_
devel project"

Well hidden. I've now added a link to to

- changes that were not accepted in Factory have to be removed from
As for every other devel project: the package in there has to accept
the Factory policies. If some change does not comply to it, it has to
be fixed - in one way or another.

That's the theory and nowhere mandated. In practice the existing
devel projects are a wild mix of staging for Factory, backports of
Factory packages to older distros or even container for packages
that never have and probably never will hit Factory.

(o_ Ludwig Nussel