Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: One step back with devel projects
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:13:17 +0100
Am Montag 18 Januar 2010 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
In other, more explicit words this I guess means
- only packages that are actually in Factory can be in
devel:openSUSE:Factory
Except they are to be submitted to Factory and people can convince
either this list or opensuse-factory that there is no better place.
The rules for new packages in Factory are still the old ones:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-07/msg00100.html
quoting:
"- the package has to be submitted and reviewed into an _existant_
devel project"

- changes there are expected to be sr'd to Factory in a timely
manner
As for every other devel project.

- changes that were not accepted in Factory have to be removed from
devel:openSUSE:Factory
?
As for every other devel project: the package in there has to accept
the Factory policies. If some change does not comply to it, it has to
be fixed - in one way or another.

If I start a new package in my home project and submit it to
Factory, will it's devel project automatically be set to
devel:openSUSE:Factory?

The package won't be accepted from your home project. See above.

Greetings, Stephan