[opensuse-packaging] Re: One step back with devel projects
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:52:38 +0100
Hi,

As I no longer have the original thread in my mail folder, I'm
hoping you take a link to the archive :)

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-09/msg00156.html

As discussed last year, openSUSE: is reserved for "official" repos,
so adrian created devel:openSUSE:Factory and it's free for all
packages whose maintainers do not feel their package as fit into
any of the other devel projects.

This project is different to the other devel projects:

- it has no topic, the only thing the packages in there have
in common are that they are branches of openSUSE:Factory packages

- if you have a package in there, you can add as many co-maintainers
as you wanted, but only on a package level, the project itself
will be maintained by me (and hopefully some other brave souls).

I only created one repository: the snapshot repo of O:F - if that's
not enough for your package, its clearly not a candidate.

So feel free to send the submit requests.

Greetings, Stephan