[opensuse-packaging] RPMLINT warnings
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:01:51 -0500
Hi,

I am attempting to create a package for a kernel module and would like to get rid of some or all RPMLINT warnings. Can someone tell me what I need to to to get rid of the following?

- This package contains a kernel module but provides no call to depmod in the
%post scriptlet.

- This package contains a kernel module but provides no call to depmod in the
%postun scriptlet.

I figure I need a %post and %postun section in my spect and am supposed to call depmod. The question is what arguments if any do I need to do this right?

- et131x-kmp-default.x86_64: W: suse-policy-kmp-missing-enhances kernel-default

All warnings are displayed for all kernel flavors.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert
Software Engineer Consultant LINUX