Re: [opensuse-packaging] Not registered Category in desktop file
  • From: David Bolt <bcrafhfr-cnpxntvat@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:35:34 +0000
On Wednesday 16 December 2009 07:02:52 Michal Čihař wrote:

Dne Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:14:24 -0700
"Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx> napsal(a):

I had this error long back and even saw a bug report about this while
building webilder.
But when I tried with a different set of categories, everything worked fine.
I missed to report the issue then. So, try again with a different set of
categories to check
if that solves the problem.

Is there some documented set of categories which do work in opensuse?
Or am I supposed to try and fail until I find something what works?

I don't know if there's an official equivalent but I still have a list
of the valid desktop categories according to, and which
ones are valid according to openSUSE. You can find it here:

I'm actually surprised it's still there as it was only supposed to be
there for a short while, sort of as a back-up for my later posts and a
couple of bug reports, and I had intended to eventually remove it. In
the end, I forgot all doing anything with it and this has reminded me
about it again. As such, I think I'll leave it up for a while

As for why it was created, the reason is in the thread that starts

and continues here:

[0] I think I'll leave it a lot longer and, once development of 11.3
is well underway, run the same tests under Factory and add that to
the tables.

David Bolt

Team Acorn: OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | openSUSE 11.2 32b |
openSUSE 11.0 64b | openSUSE 11.1 64b | openSUSE 11.2 64b |
TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 11.1 PPC | RISC OS 4.02 | RISC OS 3.11