Re: [opensuse-packaging] Not registered Category in desktop file
  • From: David Bolt <bcrafhfr-cnpxntvat@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:35:34 +0000
On Wednesday 16 December 2009 07:02:52 Michal Čihař wrote:
Hi

Dne Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:14:24 -0700
"Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx> napsal(a):

I had this error long back and even saw a bug report about this while
building webilder.
But when I tried with a different set of categories, everything worked fine.
I missed to report the issue then. So, try again with a different set of
categories to check
if that solves the problem.

Is there some documented set of categories which do work in opensuse?
Or am I supposed to try and fail until I find something what works?

I don't know if there's an official equivalent but I still have a list
of the valid desktop categories according to freedesk.org, and which
ones are valid according to openSUSE. You can find it here:

http://www.davjam.org/~davjam/linux/desktop_categories.php

I'm actually surprised it's still there as it was only supposed to be
there for a short while, sort of as a back-up for my later posts and a
couple of bug reports, and I had intended to eventually remove it. In
the end, I forgot all doing anything with it and this has reminded me
about it again. As such, I think I'll leave it up for a while
longer[0].

As for why it was created, the reason is in the thread that starts
here:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-01/msg00130.html

and continues here:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-02/msg00037.html

[0] I think I'll leave it a lot longer and, once development of 11.3
is well underway, run the same tests under Factory and add that to
the tables.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | openSUSE 11.2 32b |