Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need help, losing docs between %install and %files
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 11:45:13 +0200
On 12/09/2009 10:18 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, I got this right before but when I changed something in the spec
file I lose the files copied from "BUILD/bacula-docs-3.0.3/manuals/en/*"
to "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_defaultdocdir}/bacula/manuals/" after the
%install stage. If I cause rpmbuild to stop on an error at the end of
the install stage the files are still there but when it gets to the
%files stage the files are missing. The spec file is at :-
http://pastebin.com/m153fa695 and the files are for the "%files doc"
section copied over (I've tried install as well) at line 241, the mkdir
command at line 245 is just there to create an error at the end of
install, if I remove it the files and directories copied over for the
doc package aren't there in the "%files doc" stage.
The previous spec file where everything worked (for the doc package
anyway) is at :-
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=project.diff&package=bacula&project=home%3Aplater%3Abranches%3AopenSUSE%3AFactory%3AContrib
Thanks
Dave P

I've solved my nightmare, the %files section contained :-
"%doc ABOUT-NLS COPYING INSTALL LICENSE README VERIFYING ReleaseNotes
projects"
and that causes rpmbuild to rm-rf %{_defaultdocdir}/bacula before
copying the files over.
Regards
Dave P