Re: [opensuse-packaging] advanced requirements
On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 11:19 -0600, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 03.12.2009 17:59, schrieb Luke Imhoff:
Just have A and B have an explict Provides on the api-version capability

Provides: xulrunner-api-version = 1.2.3

Of course, name the capability (xulrunner-api-version) to be whatever
the api is actually specifying, just make sure the name doesn't collide
with an already used name for an rpm or other capability.

and have C Requires: xulrunner-api-verison = 1.2.3

That will make C require exactly that version of the api.

That was my first idea or in fact is what is already implemented.
That's not sufficient to what I want to achieve because:

A and B might not have the same api-version provides at any point in
time and in that case C shouldn't be updated until A _and_ B provide the
matching api version.

Wolfgang

Then just add Conflicts: xulrunner-api-version != 1.2.3 in C. The other
option is to have A and B conflict with each other if they don't supply
the same api-version. It depends if only C needs the same version or if
A and B need the same version too.