Re: [opensuse-packaging] advanced requirements
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:19:42 +0100
Am 03.12.2009 17:59, schrieb Luke Imhoff:
Just have A and B have an explict Provides on the api-version capability

Provides: xulrunner-api-version = 1.2.3

Of course, name the capability (xulrunner-api-version) to be whatever
the api is actually specifying, just make sure the name doesn't collide
with an already used name for an rpm or other capability.

and have C Requires: xulrunner-api-verison = 1.2.3

That will make C require exactly that version of the api.

That was my first idea or in fact is what is already implemented.
That's not sufficient to what I want to achieve because:

A and B might not have the same api-version provides at any point in
time and in that case C shouldn't be updated until A _and_ B provide the
matching api version.

Wolfgang