Re: [opensuse-packaging] Is it possible to ignore files during commit
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 22:51:52 +0100
On 2009-12-02 22:12:50 +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
Hi Richard,

On 2009-12-02 11:06:32 +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
With a recent version of 'osc' when committing changes to the build
server, one is asked the following question:
"File `email_check' is not in package meta. Would you like
skip/remove/edit file lists/commit/abort? (s/r/e/c/A) s"

Is it possible to have some files ignored by this check? For example by
using a .oscignore fil, or something like that?

You can configure it in the ~/.oscrc file. Just add something like:
"exclude_glob = .osc CVS .svn .* _linkerror *~ #*# *.orig *.bak
email_check" to the "[general]" section.

Thanks. Funny that it is you who is answering me :)

:)

But when one has many repositories / packages there can be many files to be
excluded. The exclude_glob would become very long. Ain't it possible to
have
a (.)osc_exclude file per package?

At the moment this isn't possible. IMHO we should rather fix the files check so
that it only complains if files are missing which are _referenced_ in the spec
file (e.g. Source, Patch etc.). The current implementation errors out for all
unversioned/missing files.

Do you think about my Virtualbox problem? Would it be better if I open a bug
report for it?

Yes but I didn't have time for it so far:/. The best is if you file the bug in
bugzilla so that it won't get lost.

Marcus